05 March 2008

Spam, spam, spam, spam...

Dear Readers,

I really didn't want to do this, but my blog has become the target of a really nasty spammer who adds nonsensical comments to my posts in a spineless attempt to draw traffic and back links to his own worthless website. It takes me considerable time and effort to remove this gibberish from my blog. Regretfully, word verification has not prevented this asshole from posting his trash.

Therefore, I am now forced to enable comment moderation. This means that when you post a comment, it must first be approved by me before it will appear on the blog. So if you don't see your comment right away, don't re-post it 5 times. Unless I am travelling, I should be able to moderate my comments frequently throughout the day.

I hate to do this, because I know so many of you are already reluctant to post comments (whether because you can't be bothered to let me know you are reading, or because you are too high and mighty, or simply because you have nothing to say - I do not know).

Hopefully, I will only have to do this for awhile until this spammer gets bored with me. So thank you for your cooperation and for all your feedback. It is the highlight of my day to log on and know that my efforts have not merely been absorbed into the ether.

Cheers,

Audra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resent your characterization of me as 'spineless'.



*kisses*

Anonymous said...

haha, it's pretty common, I get this kind of spams all the time, but I dont have this kind of setting to filter all the comments, so I just let them....

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that I do like reading your blog even though I do not comment.

I'm not familiar with Blogger but with Wordpress you can ban the IP address of commenters that are spamming your blog. You might want to look and see if this option is somehow available with blogger so you do not have to moderate comments.