08 June 2008

Two Sides of a Coin

A crisp morning breeze stirred the branches of the mighty oak out side my balcony window, as I snuggled down deeper into my blankets. A choir of chipper birdsong erupted out of the fading darkness. I smiled and let the various calls of this avian oratorio draw my imagination out into the gentle glory of the newly dawning day. I thought forward onto my day with gratitude, optimism, and anticipation as my imagination drifted from chirp to whistle to twitter.

SLAM! went the sliding glass door. "Damn noisy birds. Up so early. All that racket driving into my brain like a million little needles. Why do they have to get up so early and make so much noise when I am trying to sleep? Christ, I swear it quieter in St Leonards."


Is this an example of complementarity or incompatibility?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Webster says - not being in agreement or harmony

Vote for the 2nd option

Anonymous said...

I vote complementarity.