22 January 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I was so mortified by the horrific odour emanating from the refrigerator in the tea room this morning that I was loathe to place my lunch inside lest it become infiltrated by the stench. Thus, in my disgust, I went on a rampage of purging the offending appliance of shrivelled apples, mouldy bread, and numerous takeaway containers filled with frothy unidentifiable substances. If any of those items were your intended lunch, come see me and we can have a little chat about gastroenteritis.

The refirigerator (and freezer) still contain several dubious food items and the smell is not much improved. Therefore , I am VOLUNTEERING to provide a thorough scrubbing of the interior. In exchange for my efforts, I am making an executive decision:

Effective February 1st: ALL food, beverage, and condiment items stored within the refrigerator MUST be clearly labelled with a name and date or they will be discarded (or eaten) on a periodic basis with no warning or due compensation.

If you would like to discuss this policy, please come talk to me. I am open to negotiation. However, being that we are all reasonably educated and mature adults, not to mention scientists – to whom dating and initialling should be second nature by now – I do not see that there should be any objections to implementing a system that will foster a more pleasant, if not hygienic, kitchen facility for us all.

Sincerely,


Audra McKinze

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Audra,
This sounds like a good plan however it might be more fun to just unplug the fridge and leave it to see what happens! We both know what will happen to the food but how will the other staff react!?! HA HA HA,almost nothing smells worse than an unplugged refrigerator! People were leaving uncovered plates of food in the small bar fridge in the break area at the supermarket where I work. I unplugged it and things got pretty fuzzy in there! Nobody noticed or plugged it back in for several weeks.

Jed

Eddie Calaveras said...

Meh. I think it was still good. Isn't that how they make cheese?