01 February 2007

Ever been? No, I Narrabeen.

28 January, 2007 Sunday

Today we rented kayaks on nearby Lake Narrabeen. We’ve been doing a LOT of walking since we’ve been here and are anxious to add some upper body conditioning to our physical fitness regimen. Kevin oozes envy every morning as we watch paddlers stroking through the calm waters of Burns Bay, but our budget does not yet allow for the purchase of new water craft. So we packed a picnic lunch and drove up to the Northern Beaches, a beautiful collection of pink-sand crescents. With the barrage of news stories featuring hungry sharks lurking just beyond the waves, kayaking inland waters has much more appeal than ocean kayaking (and you may recall my previous misadventures with ocean kayaking in Mexico.)

Well some upper body conditioning is most certainly called for, as my shoulders went soggy after about fifteen minutes of easy paddling. Fortunately, we had a tandem vessel, so I took frequent rest breaks. Unfortunately, being in the front, my slacking did not go unnoticed and a quick splash from Kevin quickly set my arms back in motion. Can we stop for lunch now?

No comments: