21 January 2010

True Blue Australia

I climbed the stairs, ascending out of the hot moist air of Town Hall Station into the relatively cool breezes of George Street.  A nervous woman in an orange vest and white hard hat was guarding a stack of boxes near the curb.  My attention was drawn to the labels on the boxes.

"Excuse me ma'am.  May I take a picture of these boxes?"

"No!" She barked with a voice that conveyed a lifetime of difficult interpersonal relations, "No you can't!"

I shrugged and climbed onto the waiting 435.  I settled myself into a window seat and tucked my video camers into the open window.

"Well, we'll just see about that!"



Too bad you can't read the labels.  They said:

No Problem Vomit Cleanup

And so the city prepares for the upcoming Australia Day festivities...

1 comment:

Frances said...

I'll be heading into Sydney on Oz Day but will be returning home by late afternoon. So I should miss the 'drink tragics'. lol

If you like veteran, vintage cars and American muscle cars, the NRMA is taking over Macquarie Street and the Hyde Park Barracks - there will be 1250 old cars on display along Mac and adjoining streets.