09 January 2010

Here is to a Happy New Year!

Having had such a wonderful time while in the US, I was apprehensive about returning to Australia - and not just because I was facing 24 hours of travel! I was heartsick at the prospects of leaving my family, friends, and a place that feels very much like home, and I expected to land under a cloud of depression and lethargy.

But quite the opposite has occurred. After a nap and a good night's sleep, I woke up at 6 am on Saturday full of energy and excitement and ready to face a new year of fun and challenges. Then I spent the day cooking and hosted a dinner party. Unfortunately, Kevin has been tackled by fatigue and a virus and has spent the better part of the weekend in bed. But I am about to go roust him for the Cowboys game...

Because I am not a diarist, but prefer to write essays (with the occasional train-of-thought such as you are presently reading), I have not recorded the details of my vacation in California in any form of narrative, but I did want to take a moment to brag about the amazing 3-day party at the Peppermill Resort in Reno that was held in honor of our 20th Anniversary. Despite the fact that Chloe blew up her knee and Robert nearly lit the dinner table on fire, it was amazing to have you all together to help us celebrate an accomplishment based on passion, stubbornness, and ultimately, love.



For those of you who would like to see more pictures, you can check out a 20-year retrospective of Kevin&Audra at: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/sandiablo1967/20YearsOn02#

And to all my readers, Have the Best New Year Ever!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey you two! Loved the trip down K & A memory lane! Congrats on 20 years of adventures and togetherness!

xoxo
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make the party. So glad you had a great time. Miss you.

Darcie