02 August 2008

Is Mystery

I woke up this morning to find my bed filled with dirt. Not just dirty, mind you, but filled with a salad of dried leaves, twigs, and detritus. Curious.

Still half asleep, I rolled over onto my side and was shocked into alertness by intense pain emanating from my right hip and elbow. Unusual.

I rolled onto my other side only to discover reciprocal wounds plus additional contusions on my left shoulder, wrist, and knee. Interesting.

I got up to go to the toilet, but my left leg buckled under my weight, knee and ankle groaning with severe sprains. Ow.


I must ring Kate and Richard to see if they are owed an apology…

6 comments:

Dan Kasch said...

With this: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94767.html#PWS

We can rule out wind, rain, earthquake, and most acts of most gods. Are you camping? ummm was beer involved? Take a quick look in the bath tub..is there a wheelbarrow, plastic bag, rolled carpet, shovel or any other incriminating evidence that should be removed before you call anyone?
Is there an equal amount of detroit-is on or near Kevin's side of the bed? Is Kevin giggling?
Just grasping at straws here trying to help.

Anonymous said...

Where IS Kevin???????

Anonymous said...

You don't have to apologize to Kate and myself, but the neighbour's cat will never be the same again.

Anonymous said...

Ah that cat....wondered where all those scatches came from!

Author! Author! said...

That cat was a total tease...it was asking for it.

MamaSherryBoBerry said...

That poor cat... It should know better then to play with you