19 June 2010

Invitrogen Threw Up in My Kitchen

I'm on a first name basis with my delivery driver.  Every week, Beau shows up and brings me a box full of marketing from the home office in Melbourne.  Two weeks ago, he brought me TWO PALLETS of office supplies, lab demo equipment, and boxes of files packed up by the previous sales rep. Unpacking was like Christmas, except without the good cheer, annoying music, or the smell of ham.

Some of the items were useful, like banners, branded table cloths, utility carts, literature stands, and protein gel boxes...and several shirts covered with animal hair. Others were downright pathological - like reams of expired promotional flyers, a crate of Immunology catalogs from 2006, and two large boxes of squishy toys shaped like water droplets (which are fantastic for throwing at cats). Needless to say, my desk is no longer a tidy surface.


















Last night I finally tackled the daunting task of sorting through all the product brochures, attempting to organize them into some useful and accessible system...then promptly returned them to boxes to await further confusion...but mostly to keep Bad Kitty from eating them.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hey Audra, your kitchen looks like the unfinished area at PLS. Hope all is well and life is treating you good. Many changes at Whitesboro, including the owners and name. Can't seem to locate my contact info for you but thankfully had saved your blog in my favorites. Postcards? Yup we still save em but i am hopefully leaving that group in a few weeks. Take care! Ann

Zee Poodle said...

Your floor looks like my floor with paper laid all over it - except there is about 15,000 trees on your floor. My tree death is humble, by comparison.
My thesis is laid out all over my floor. I have files called "Death" and "War" - b/c that's what all good theses are written about. Eh-hem.
Love BBK wandering nonchalantly thru the papers.