10 November 2008

The Compromise of Privacy

Either by intention or serendipity, most of our 14 housing arrangements over the last 20 years have afforded us a considerable degree of privacy, such that unabashed nudity within the confines of our living space is a regular centerpiece of our existence. This is equally true for our current situation, as our 18th floor unit is mostly invisible to the surrounding buildings. However, once a year, the management arranges a sort of Christmas present for the tenants in the form of a window washing.

It is indeed unsettling to come strutting out of the bathroom with a towel around one's head only to find a man dangling outside one's window. However, I somehow managed not to spill my coffee. Fortunately, I was just able to duck around the corner and grab my robe (and my camera) before my privacy was fully compromised.




And then I went to work, fully content in the knowledge that I would not be asked to rappel from any great height...nor to wash a window.

6 comments:

Erin Maggie said...

Oh that's funny! What a surprise you must have had! I would have died! Great post!

CheekyOne said...

Haha that would have been a shocker!I bet he *accidently* sees alot of naked women.There's got to be some incentive to hang 15 stories in the air washing windows all day. :)

The Prof said...

That was the most exciting 1 minute, 14 seconds of footage I have ever seen.

It's too bad that he didn't have a camera too. It would have been more exciting, I'm sure.

Danielle said...

Did he give a little wave at the very beginning? I would have died too.

Leone Fabre said...

We are on the 18th level too.... and I wish we had a window cleaner. Does not have to be a young handsome hunk either!

No such luck.

Author! Author! said...

Yeah, too bad it pissed down rain the next day...I think the windows were cleaner before they were washed.