04 March 2007

Thunderstruck

4, March 2007

Holy CRAP!


It seems that every three days there is a display of thunder and lightning so spectacular that I swear I have never seen anything so amazing...then, three days later, it is put to shame by the next display. Thus you must surmise just how amazing tonight's storm is that I am compelled to put words to print at this late hour (it is around midnight as I write this). I must try to capture these emotions in real-time...that, and I came to the determination that sitting naked on the balcony sipping port was probably not the safest location...not that sitting naked in front of high tech electronics is a better situation, but these are the risks I am willing to take for your benefit.

I am so tired, my eyes are drooping, but I cannot shut them to this glory of nature…not to mention the deafening roar of the thunder makes sleep impossible. Well, for me anyway – not for Kevin, that is until I ran onto the bed and jumped on him with a squeal after a particularly loud clap.

The flashes and streaks are non-stop. Watching the planes take off from Sydney Airport, I am certain that tonight will be the night that I will get to see one struck. I wonder if the pilots are as terrified and delighted by the spectacle as I. I know I would not want to be a passenger tonight.

"Rifle shot" does not even come close to the explosive noise that is cracking over my head. The crash echoes off the raindrops and reverberates through my every nerve ending. It truly sounds like the sky is ripping open. All around the apartment, car alarms are blaring under the weight of the noise.

Holy CRAP!!

Zoikes, I can hardly wait to see what is going to happen three days from now!

No comments: