03 January 2011

The Commission


My sister is an artist who works in yarn.  In a moment of alcohol fueled inspiration, I asked her to knit me an octopus hat.  She asked me to send some pictures for modeling purposes.  Today, I had a great time scouring the web for octopus images.  Here are my results:



When I put it on, I want it to make me feel like this:


Or possibly like this, except I don't want it to be picking my nose:



Or possibly like this (only without the bong):


I am rather fond of the sailor hat:



This is a little too aggressive:


If it looked like this, I might run into problems from seagulls flying overhead:





As far as overall shape, this is getting closer and I like the tentacles, although this picture causes me great consternation:



It should definitely have a big floppy back part, like a rastafarian cap:




How odd, this octopus looks like SHE is wearing a rastafarian hat:


This is a little too dainty and sits too high on her forehead - or maybe she just has a gigantic forehead.  The tentacles should be a little twistier, almost like spirals:



If you opt for a whimsical look, I love the expression on this guy's face:

If you lean towards something less cartoonish. I like colors suggestive of this handsome bloke:



 

I hope that helps to illustrate my drunken vision. 

And not to confuse you - I really don't want it to look anything, and I mean ANYTHING even remotely suggestive of this, but I just couldn't resist including a picture of Octopus Man:

 

XOXO 

1 comment:

CAW said...

Go whimsical! Cephalapod beanies are the new black.