12 November 2007

The Joys of Public Transport

Girl Sitting next to me: “Stephanie! Hey. Hi.”

Girl Standing next to me: “Oh my God, Angela. Hi. I like, love your earrings.”

Stephanie: “Thanks. I have the flu.”

Angela: “Oh my God, me too. I totally have the flu.”

Stephanie: “Yeah, I was like, totally barfing all night.”

Angela: “Oh my God so was I! I was totally barfing all night, too!”

Stephanie: “Why are you like, going to school today if you like, totally have the flu?”

Angela: “Because, today? In English? We’re watching Pride and Prejudice.”

Stephanie: “Oh my God, I like totally LOVE that movie.”

Angela: “Yeah, I know. I’ve like seen it like ten times.”

Audra, feeling a sudden flush of fever turning to Stephanie: “Would you like my seat?”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, um, no pub on Friday then?

Author! Author! said...

OH! MY! GOD!! I like so totally love the pub!!

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY!

I've seen it, like, a HUNDRED TIMES!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if they are saying "barfing" at all, and saying "like' and "totally" that often, then Australia really has turned into the US and Australians no longer have a way of speaking that distinguishes them from Americans. I didn't think this was the cas ebut it may be - if so, a pity.