10 August 2007

The Joys of Solitude

As I helped Kevin reluctantly pack for his business trip to Townsville, he asked suspiciously,

"So, what are you going to do with a whole week to yourself?"

I knew that the rules of courteous marital discourse dictated that I say something along the lines of how I would mope around the house, count the hours until his joyful reurn, lie prostrate on the couch simmering in the lonliness of his absence, but I replied truthfully,

"Oh, I've got BIG plans! I'm going to sleep in the middle of the bed, eat dinner standing up in the kitchen, and leave the batroom door open when I shit."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny when I called she was
moping around the house, counting the hours until my joyful reurn, lying prostrate on the couch simmering in the lonliness of my absence!

The Prof said...

And I bet she was making loud, unpleasant bodily noises whenever she wanted to as well!

Author! Author! said...

HA!

I make loud, unpleasant bodily noises whenever (and wherever) I want to anyway. It is my passion. Belching and farting are the most economical forms of entertainment...and they make you feel great!