20 July 2007

Ribs Mexican Pizza

The central urban location of our new apartment has opened up a plethora of fresh dining options, most of which deliver ($20 minimum order). Each night, our mail slot is overflowing with a variety of menus for Thai, Indian, Lebanese, and Turkish restaurants. This morning I find myself utterly fascinated with the menu from The Rib Runner and their Cowboy Delight Meal Deal. Just under $30 will get you a rack of beef ribs, a baked potato, a cob of corn, a large pizza, and a beef nachos. Sure to delight any cowboy.

From the South of the Border selections:

Tacos
4 crisp corn tacos with beef, lettuce, cheese, tomato and sour cream for your assembly. (My assembly?)

The Mexican Spud
Chili con came, cheese, corn chips, sour cream. (con carne must have confused the proof reader?)

Grande Wedges
Golden brown wedges ham and cheese. (What is mexican about that?)


and from the pizza selections:

Culo Burner
Pizza base covered in our spicy beef nachos topped with pepperoni and jalopenos (Am I to understand there are nachos on top of pizza dough??)

Aussie Outback
Tomato, onion, egg, and bacon (egg??)

Cheezy Cheese
Use lots of cheese on our great sauce (ok, I will)

Some mornings, I am just easily amused...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(My assembly?)...So your corn tacos can be served crisp. I'll bet what we call nachos they call nachos and chips. Just surmising.
This is Papa by the way; I really enjoy reading your posts. They serve as lovely letters home.

Chloe Sparkle said...

Culo Burner. That's awesome. So setting your butt hole aflame with spicy food is a plus?

The Prof said...

Absolutely hilarious!

Have you figured out yet why they like to put beetroot on everything here? I bet you could get one on a taco shell at Ribs!

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ Culo Burner... actually, that doesn't sound too hot at all.

Author! Author! said...

Hi Papa. Thanks! I think you are right...'nachos' is basically spiced meat. Most of the kebab shops (a kebab is more like a 'gyro' here) also serve nachos...don't get me started on the oddities of lebanese nachos...

I guarantee that the culo burner could not possibly accomplish any such claim. The Australian concept of 'hot' is puny at best.

Prof, beetroot is the Australian equivalent of a picke...probably because pickles are too spicy...

Eddie said...

"yes, I'll have the Nachos please. What? On fried lavash? And no cilantro? How ever am i going to disguise this lamb?"